Our team strives to consistently accomplish the following principles in realizing our firm's Purpose, Mission and Vision through design:
Respect for Context: A major criterion upon which we measure design quality is how well a facility design respects and enriches its contexts (Regional, Community, Neighborhood, and Site), reflects its place in time and elevates the human experience of its setting.
Value-for-the-Dollar Driven Design: We believe that four major constituencies define Design Value - our Client, the facility's direct and indirect Users, the facility's Operators/Managers, and ultimately Society. Our design goal is to optimize, for each of these beneficiary groups, confirmable value within an established budget.
Future-Proofed Design: A key criterion of design quality is how efficiently and effectively a facility can accommodate desired user change throughout its life cycle. It also includes an aesthetic that does not diminish with time.
Socially Responsible Design: Quality design minimizes its impact on earth's ecosystems and natural resources, is universally accessible and enables positive human interaction.
Master Planning / Architecture
Future competitive advantages and continued success depend on how well capital investments achieve their intended objectives. We deliver innovative and cost-effective design solutions that maximize capital investments through increased productivity, greater energy efficiency, and lower life cycle costs. A representative listing of services is as follows:
|- Site Evaluations
- Existing Building Evaluations
- Highest and Best Use Analysis
- Master Planning
- Facility Programming / Budgeting
- Project Management
- Concept Design / Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction / Contract Documents
- Bidding / Negotiations
- Construction Administration – Basic & Enhanced
- Project Closeout
- Maintenance / Operations Plans
- Post Occupancy Evaluations
BTA has always embraced an intelligent and creative services integration philosophy, including high-quality interior design, for all projects. Using this approach, a cohesive unification of exterior and interior architectural elements is achieved and final design solutions are greatly enhanced.
We offer clients comprehensive interior design services; whether it be the selection and specification of interior building finish systems or the complex design of hundreds of workstations. A representative listing of services is as follows:
|- Space Planning
- Structural Interior Design (SID)
- Comprehensive Interior Design (CID)
- Furniture, Fixture & Equipment: Specifications/ Procurement/ Installation
- Corporate Space and Furniture Standards
|- Master Planning
- Art Selection / Integration
- Move Planning / Coordination
Bullock Tice Associates is fully committed to delivering innovative sustainable design solutions to our clients. To fulfill our commitment, BTA’s Design Team seeks to develop and maintain a high level of technical competence and proficiency in understanding the latest green building concepts, trends, materials, and technologies. These skills and expertise are key elements in the firm’s sustainable design process.
BTA’s commitment to incorporating sustainable methodologies on our projects utilizes an integrated design approach and focuses on the following major elements for design and implementation:
|- Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality
- Increased Occupant Health and Productivity
- Increased Energy Efficiency
|- Increased Efficiency in the Use of Resources
- Waste and Pollution Reduction/Mitigation
- Increased Use of Recycled and Recovered Materials
| || |
At BTA, we understand that it is our professional responsibility to achieve a balance between the natural and built environments while also developing business-sense-driven design solutions for our clients. Environmental stewardship is at the core of every BTA design project; delivering feasible sustainable solutions that positively influence client comfort, safety and profitability remains a principal obligation and goal for our practice.
Our team has demonstrated experience and competency in using LEED-evaluation and certification methods; utilizing LEED rating tools; and in designing sustainable facilities to address LEED criteria. BTA has experience in the use and application of LEED versions 2.0, 2.2 and 3.0 and currently has 13 LEED Accredited Professionals on staff. BTA’s current portfolio includes 17 LEED certified projects ranging from "Gold" to "Certified" as well as 3 projects currently registered with GBCI and on track for LEED Certification.
Certified projects include:
- - South Santa Rosa Center Phase I / Gulf Breeze, FL (Gold)
- - 19th SOS MC-130 Simulator Facility / Hurlburt Field, FL (Gold)
- - Interior Design for Child Development Center / Columbus AFB, MS (Gold)
- - Navy Lodge / NCBC Gulfport, MS (Silver)
- - NASA Shared Services Center / Stennis Space Center, MS (Silver)
- - U.S. EPA Research Support Center / Gulf Breeze, FL (Silver)
- - F-35 Student Dormitory / Eglin AFB, FL (Silver)
- - Eglin Field House / Eglin AFB, FL (Silver)
- - Fire Station/Air Operations Center / NAS Meridian, MS (Silver)
- - Flight Test Operations Facility / Hurlburt Field, FL (Silver)
- - AFCESA Headquarters / Tyndall AFB, FL (Silver)
- - 96 Room Dormitory / Eglin AFB, FL (Silver)
- - 4th SOS Squadron Operations Annex / Hurlburt Field, FL
- - ADAL Special Operations School / Hurlburt Field, FL
- - 7th SFG Cantonment Base Civil Engineering Facility / Eglin AFB, FL (Certified)
- - Interior Design for Special Tactics Group Facility / Hurlburt Field, FL (Gold)
- - Interior Design for Combat Weather Operations Facility / Hurlburt Field, FL (Silver)
Building Information Modeling
BTA is your source for information and leadership in Building Information Modeling (BIM). Since 2006, BTA has incorporated and implemented BIM capabilities into our project development and design methodology. All of BTA’s new projects are created with BIM-enabled software and take advantage of advanced BIM features whenever applicable.
BTA’s BIM/IT Director, Johnny Fortune, is an Autodesk-Certified Professional in Revit Architecture 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 (one of the leading BIM software platforms). He is part of a select group nationally, and one of eight professionals within a 300-hundred mile radius of Pensacola, Florida to achieve this highest level of certification through direct testing and observation by Autodesk Inc. As a member of the National BIM Standard-United StatesTM (NBIMS-USTM) Project and Planning Committees, United States National CAD Standard® (NCS) Project Committee, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Industry BIM Advisory Committee, and as Chair of the National CAD Standard® BIM AdHoc Task Team, Mr. Fortune is currently leading the efforts to author additions and revisions to the National Standards that will fill the void created by rapidly evolving technology.
At BTA, Mr. Fortune reinforces and supports the firm’s commitment to implementing BIM into their practice by continuously updating the firm’s comprehensive staff training curriculum, and by formally improving BIM comprehension and capabilities within the firm’s technical staff.
Mandatory weekly training sessions, geared to all staff levels including project managers, are held to assure that Building Information Modeling capabilities are maintained and further integrated into the firm’s daily production capabilities and those of our consultants. Our team also collaborates with contractors in their use of BIM during construction.
BTA has also invested in professional training for Bentley Architecture (another leading BIM software platform), Navisworks (overall project coordination), and Ecotect (analysis software for energy and performance studies).
"Total Solutions" Service Delivery
More and more of our clients desire the convenience and accountability of single-source service delivery (beyond traditional facility design) in meeting their business or organizational needs. We are always looking for strategic alliance partners who enjoy collaboration in meeting the needs of our clients in a comprehensive manner. From these alliance partnerships we provide our clients with custom-tailored, integrated “Total Solutions.”
Examples of expanded services we provide through these relationships include:
|- Civil / Structural Engineering
- Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
- Design / Build
- Market Research
- Project Marketing
- Project Financing
- Project Operations / Maintenance
- Construction Management
- Program Management
- Computer Integrated Facility Management